Sunday, October 9, 2011

happy birthday tricia (and a birthday cake martini recipe!)


The start of this little blog just so happens to coincide with the birthday of one of my favorite people in the whole world. You guessed it- Tricia Joy is celebrating her birthday this very weekend.

Since you don't know all of the things to celebrate about my lovely sister-in-law, I thought I'd share a few of them with you!

1. She has great taste in clothes (and shoes and accessories). Side note- I directly benefit from the fabulousness of her closet!

2. She is great with kids- like ohmygoodness great. She can get my three-year-old picky eater to chow down his entire lunch, and my baby girl cries whenever Tricia holds someone else. They adore her. But all kids adore her so that's no surprise.

3. Tricia has a great eye for decorating. Even though her degree is in marketing, she once did an internship at Crate and Barrel, and I would not be surprised if she ends up in the interior design field at some point.

4. She's funny. Really funny.

5. Tricia loves their puppy, Stetson, so much. She's hilarious about it- she worries that Stetson will be scared of thunderstorms, gives him special food, checks in on him about twenty times a day- Stetson is one spoiled dog!

Now a birthday just wouldn't be a birthday without a fabulous drink recipe. So, in addition to getting to know Miss Tricia better, today I'm also going to share a Birthday Cake Martini recipe!

Here's what you'll need:
Pineapple juice
Cranberry juice
Vanilla rum
Ice
Vanilla frosting
Sprinkles

Here's what to do:
In a shaker, mix one part vanilla rum, two parts pineapple juice, two parts cranberry juice, and ice. Shake vigorously. My sister, Jordan, swears that if you skip this part of wimp out on your shaking duties, that it won't turn out right. Heed her advice and shake well.
Strain into a glass rimmed with vanilla frosting and sprinkles. In case you're thinking about skipping the frosting-sprinkle-rimming, I would strongly urge you not to. The sprinkle-adorned rim makes this drink twice as festive. Maybe three times as festive.


And that's it! ENJOY!

Happy birthday Tricia!



If you're visiting us from TasteSpotting.com, Welcome! You can learn a bit about us here, and be sure to check our monthly Barista Banter column, and our weekly Beer column with TheAdams
We're so glad to have you!



1 comment:

  1. I really like the cocktail drink,I love to share this to catering service in manila
    for the idea. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete